In a previous post I talked about a submission I made to Springleap, an on-going t-shirt competition based in South Africa. This is my first ever submission to a t-shirt competition so I am pretty delighted to be able to announce that I was one of the winners. The prizes are as follows:
- Their own tshirt PLUS 2 others randomly selected from that month’s winning range
- A limited edition poster of their design
- Sponsored prizes (these vary depending on who is sponsoring these prizes and what they wanna give you 😉
- R1 for EVERY TSHIRT of theirs that we sell
R1 is about 12 American cents I think.
I think the sponsored prize will just be a skyrove voucher. I don’t really know what that means. Anyway, thanks to everyone who voted for me. I appreciate it. Now you can do even more my heading over there and buying a few thousand shirts to really put a smile on my face..
One thing to note I think. I didn’t receive an email or any notification that I was one of the winners. I think that is a little strange. I am sure that I will get one but I thought that it would arrive before the design goes on sale.
*Update: I received an update and told that they might implement and automated notification feature in the future. I kind of like the personalized touch though. In the email, you are asked to send the following details:
1. the high res artwork for your entry. This file would be have to be in illustrator, freehand, flash or photoshop format. If the file is in photoshop format, please make sure that you saved the artwork in 300 DPI.
2. A high res photo of yourself or an avatar (no copyright images please)
3. Your date of birth
4. What city and country you live in
5. 3 sentences about yourself and how you feel about design.